Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vacation While I Work

Here I am at Zion Ponderosa Resort livin' it up! I live in an apartment with 8 or 9 other girls and I share a room with 3. I work full time five days a week or more if I pick up a shift. The resort is right by Zion's National Park and I get into the park free while I work here. On my days off I get to go hiking etc. I eat the meals they serve to the guests and the food is alright. The only bad thing, I don't have a car so when I do have a day off, I can't do what I want, I have to mooch off other people and it's totally lame. So today was supposed to be my day off, but I didn't have anything to do so when I got asked to pick up an 8 hour shift, I did! Unfortunately, time passes really slow at the gift shop so I just kind of get bored. It's okay though, I get to blog. :)

I really feel like I am on vacation here, not working. Work isn't hard, I actually really like being a receptionist and answering the phones. I get to do all the activities on the resort for free while I'm here and I've already hit up the hot tub, the zip line, the bonfire, and the mini golf! The only bad thing? Everything is 30+ minutes away. It's weird since I grew up in a city where everything is 10 minutes away at the most.

It is really beautiful up here and the stars are bright. I really do miss my family and friends and I keep thinking of things to tell them. I have access to email so lots of people should email me so I can be connected. My email is on my facebook page. If you email me your address, I'll send you a post card from here. :)

Live it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment