Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things I'll miss

I go home from working at Zion Ponderosa in less than a week and it makes me a little sad. I will miss a lot of things about this place.
  • The completely amazing people I have been able to meet and become friends with.
  • Being able to go into Zion National Park any time day or night.
  • The stars and the milky way.
  • Zion Canyon at night.
  • Sleeping under the stars.
  • Staying up all hours of the night talking and watching movies with friends.
  • Swimming in the AWESOME pool.
  • Spontaneous fun.
  • Doing all kinds of fun things for free. I.E. Four wheeling, horseback riding, canyoneering, jeep tours etc.
  • Talking to people from all over the world.
  • 30 min. phone calls with guests. NOT.
  • All the activities at the resort. IE Bonfires, volleyball, night hikes, rodeos.
  • Hiking
  • Bunny rabbit hunting
  • Driving up North Fork Road way too fast because we all know the road so well.
  • Getting huge tips from people.
  • Radio conversations. "Did you order something for Zion Ponderoa" "Ponderow row row your boat!"
  • Joy riding in the golf carts.
  • Telling people the story of Jolley and touring Jolley's Cabin.
  • Days at the pool
Things I will not miss:
  • Mountain goats and tourists. NOT a good combination.
  • Wal-Mart is an hour away.
  • The meal plan. The food was fine, but I like to be able to cook for myself.
  • Working and missing out on awesome stuff. :(
  • Missing my family and friends back home.
  • No cellphone service
  • Annoying guests. "Zion Ponderosa this is Sarah." "Hi, is this Zion Ponderosa?"
  • Long car rides
Zion Ponderosa, I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment