Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jet Lag... Not So Fun

I'm home from 5 months of heaven. When you live halfway across the world, it changes you in ways you can't ever describe. It's something everyone needs to experience on their own. I love China more than I ever thought possible. The people are incredible, the culture is incredible, and my experience there was incredible.   I made friends I want to have forever and I learned things I will have forever. I love China so much that I'm going back, maybe not for five months, but at least to visit the people I love so much. I'm addicted to the best place on the planet.

My time in China took me all over the country. It's huge. I mean, HUGE. You never realize how big the world is until you spend 20 hours on a train that takes you across only half of one country. There is so much to see in this world. I've always dreamed of going places in Europe, but now, if I have money to go abroad, I won't be going to Europe, Africa, or South America. I'll be going to Asia. I'll be going to China.

A little blog post can never and will never begin to be the place I express my feelings for China because there isn't a language on this planet that can accurately describe how I feel about China. It's special. Don't worry, I still love America, too. I haven't forgotten my country.

Anyway, jet lag. It's not so fun. I'm only going to complain for a second and then I'll move on.  When I really want to sleep, I know I can't. When I really need to sleep, I can't. Sometimes, when I take a nap, I wake up ten times more exhausted and disoriented. Awful. The end.

I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to go to China. It was a dream come true and so life changing. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing me to go, for helping me to get there, and for answering all my prayers and showing me his hand in China. I can never thank Him enough for the most amazing experience of my life. Heavenly Father loves his children. He really loves them all. I wish you could see how present he is in China. He's there. He's really there.

Thank you to all the people who emailed me and supported me while I was in China. It meant the world to me that you were willing to listen to me blab about how much I love it. I hope you can get used to hearing about China more because I won't be forgetting about it any time soon. Thank you for your love. I love you back!

No comments:

Post a Comment