Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Library, I Love You

I love the local library always. Oh wait, I don't like them when they don't have the book I want. Like today, I wanted The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and they didn't have it! I was disappointed. They also didn't have the book by Mark Zusak that I wanted. Dear Library, today you failed me. However, I came away with a few good reads none the less.
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • Leverage Point by Gerald N. Lund
My sister has been reading the classics and I decided that that would be a good direction to take since I haven't any other books I'm dying to read except The Color Purple. I just started The Scarlet Letter and so far, I'm enjoying it. It makes me feel smart when I understand the words because it is so different from how we talk now. I just have to keep an open mind and the words flow like a fast paced river into my mind. (Cool metaphor, eh?) I was not surprised to find that we had all the classic books in my on home library, but there is something magical about pulling the book off the shelf and putting it in your stack, then getting it scanned. I love that sound that says, "These books are all yours for a whole month!" I am offically guilty of having a stack of books sitting on my floor by my bed. At least every week or so, there is a different stack instead of the same ones for months, right?

2 comments:

  1. I have the Screwtape Letters at my house... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! You should let me borrow it! Also, don't read the Color Purple. It's dirty. I didn't even read very much before it was naughty.

    ReplyDelete