Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Love of My Life

I get cravings for it on some occasions and when I do, I go to the Library, spend way too much time looking through the shelves and selecting the small, large, thick, thin, colorful, or dull books. Then, I rush home and READ. One book a day, often reading late into the night. I've always been that way since the time I was 9. I couldn't bear to draw out the time spent reading so I always read like it's going out of style or something. Homework gets neglected and it's painful when I'd have to go somewhere and stop reading. I love getting lost in books, in school, I would have teachers calling my name and I wouldn't even noticed, I'd be so into my book. There are whole new worlds to imagine and people to see. I love creating the character in my own head and I often see them much differently than the authors description because of my very independent imagination. However, if you tell me I have to read a book for school, especially a text book, I will neglect it, or procrastinate.
Reading is the love of my life. I've never met someone or done something that has left me so addicted-yet. Now I bid you farewell as there is a stack of books on my desk waiting to be devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment