Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter 7 Madness

Madness may be an understatement for what happened at the 2 screen movie theater here. There were to be 200 tickets sold for the Harry Potter 7 Midnight Showing last night. My room mate, Sam, me and Sean our neighbor went to the movie theater at 9:00 PM to wait in the line that had not even wrapped the small building all the way around yet. At 9:30, they opened the box office and it was a mad rush. There wasn't any order whatsoever. Instead of being near the middle of the line like we were, we ended up closer to the back. Eventually, it didn't matter where you were in line before. The line had become a mass of people all crowded around the small one person box office. I felt like I was at a concert except there wasn't any music and the "f word" was thrown around way too much. I accidentally touched far too many backsides and mine was certainly touched more than normal. People kept yelling about people pushing but it didn't ever stop.

Finally, we forced our way to the front and got a hold of a yellow wristband that acted as our ticket. I don't think I will ever throw it away after all I went through just to get it. :) Then, trying to get out of the crowd was nearly impossible because everyone wanted your place in the line as you left. I think I may have elbowed someone a little hard. Whoops... When we got out of the crowd, we went back to our apartment to get some hot chocolate from the CocoMotion and brownies. After warming up, we went and waited in yet another line to get into the theater. I heard stories of the people up front getting stuck behind the door and loosing their place in line. Luckily, being in the back meant no shoving and we still got good seats. When the movie ended, I wanted the 2nd part to start playing because I was so ready for it! Unfortunately, we have to wait until July for it to come out. HURRY UP JULY!

PS College kids can be violent. I think a few girls were ready to punch people.

No comments:

Post a Comment