Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day

Things I love about my family... (and Thanksgiving)
  • Talking wooden Amish people
  • Memories
  • My little cousin trying to create a marching line with everyone
  • Playing Don't Break The Ice
  • Pulling out the Christmas decor after cleaning up the Thanksgiving dinner
  • Realizing how many things we have to be grateful for
  • Driving to Wal-Mart for the last minute spray cheese
  • "Blackmailing" with crazy pictures
  • Cousins singing at the top of their lungs
  • Seeing people that you haven't seen in a while
  • The Manichean in the basement
  • Feeling warm and fuzzy
  • Hugging the Grandparents
  • Talking about liver and sheep fetuses.... *coughashleycough*
  • Staying at Grandma's for over 6 hours and not wanting to leave ever
  • Catching up with my twin cousin
  • Knowing you are loved no matter what
  • Mecham Style Happy Birthday (You haven't lived until you've heard it)
  • Realizing that you must prep outsiders before they hear the Mecham's sing so they don't get scared
  • The food is never gross
  • Never getting bored
  • Knowing we are a forever family
  • Fishing worms
  • Praying together
  • Hide and seek
  • Dress ups
  • Laughing together
  • We are not just a family, we are friends

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I wish I'd been there. I haven't been to Thanksgiving with our family for five years. :( And personally, I think it's more fun when outsiders don't know about the Mecham Happy Birthday. This post makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five years is too long!We miss you when you aren't there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list. Espeically the first item.

    ReplyDelete