Monday, November 29, 2010

Pay Phone Forest

I love art (in some forms), but sometimes, I just don't understand it. That is the case with the pay phone forest that now sits on an area of open lawn near the Humanities and Arts building on my school campus. I think it looks really cool and unique, but as I learned from going to the MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) in LA, art usually has a meaning behind it. It says something about the world or the world of the artist. I've been wondering for quite some time what this pay phone forest means? I don't think they actually call it a forest, but I do. There are no phones on the hooks though. They are mysteriously missing from the entire forest. One was knocked over and lay flat on the ground in the snow and no one had bothered to stand it back up to right it. I don't think that was part of the art. Is it even art? HELP! I am drowning in artistic questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment