Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sidewalk Police

Today I was walking to class on campus and I realized that everyone was walking on the sidewalk like you drive on the road. Everyone stuck to the right side of the sidewalk whether they were walking towards campus or away from it. I thought to myself, what if I just walked on the left side of the sidewalk. What would happen? As if this kid read my mind, he walks past me on the left side and walks straight through a big group of people. If looks could kill, this kid would have just died 6 times. I immediately looked around for the sidewalk police to see if he would get a ticket for disrupting the flow of traffic. Those tickets can be pricey you know? Naturally, I would never disrupt the flow of traffic. After classes, as I walked home, I stepped onto the left side of the sidewalk. The girl walking on the sidewalk to the right of me kindly moved over to the left so that I could be on the right. Just a shout out to her for keeping me from getting a "disrupting the flow of traffic" ticket.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I've often noticed that as well! And it always throws me off when someone passes me on the right side instead of the left... I feel like something went very wrong!

    ReplyDelete